Classes are over















NEXT CLASS

Semester Over
It was Fun and I hope
you learned something
in this class. Review this blog in 2033
and see if we were right.


Thursday, May 2, 2013

Started From the Bottom, Now We Here


BY: Darrell Frye

The future of flying vehicles has been undoubtedly a controversial topic that many individuals continue to engage in. However, the question regarding flying cars is more "when? rather than How?". Through thorough research of the evolution of the normal household car, it is evident that many prototypes have been created. These prototypes are being enhanced with daily innovations in order to securely promote this new form of transportation. Propellers have been designed, exteriors have been crafted, and engines have been created uniquely in order to cater to these flying crafts.  


Flying Cars? How will these cars land and take off? Is this Safe? The questions continue to mind boggle many of the brightest engineers who have dedicated their time towards this creation. Fortunately some have come closer in both designing and manufacturing this magnificent machine.

"Developers of a flying car say they're about $80 million closer to giving your morning commute a real lift. For years, Moller International has been working on a way to make the old science fiction dream of turning tires into turboprops a reality. Their SkyCar, designed for speeds of over 300 MPH at altitudes as high as 36,000 feet would seat four people and isn't trying to replace commercial air travel."
-DailyMail.co

The Topic of the Day:

"What a way to beat the traffic! Flying car developer says he's $80 million closer to making sci-fi dream a reality"



The "Moller Sky Car" has been named the "magic carpet" by its creator, Dr. Paul Moller. It is a vertical take off and landing flying car. The pods rotate to direct thrust with fans powered by 2 engines. Dr. Moller has experienced machine failure more than two times, but ensures the consumer that the technological brain of the flying machine will solve any immediate failure. I also found it interesting that Dr. Moller is considered an astronautical genius who earned a doctorate in engineering without any undergraduate experience.  


(embed video: http://www.dailymail.co.uk : Flying car that can hover short distances, drive on road)

The myth of flying cars is soon becoming a reality in this new generation. With the commitment of Dr. Moller, our society is one step closer of navigating through the air. I guess the next question is how will the GPS be innovated? 



Feel Free to share your thoughts. 

9 comments:

  1. This was an interesting post Darrell but from what I have read from outside sources is that Moller has been hyping his "flying car" for decades. He is always proclaiming that he will have one in the air in a couple of years and all he needs is a little more funding. I think he is a good pitchman and fundraiser, but I will believe his claims when I see one flying. I am not doubting the man, but I believe we should have been had a flying car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting article, however I still feel that we are a decade from having our first flying car. I think that Moller will continue to perfect this creation, but I think it will take a little more time and a few more experiments before this flying car is successful. Even when they are successful with this creation, there must be several rules implied on air patrol otherwise this thing could be very very dangerous for many. Overall great post, and I look forward to hearing more about this invention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this article very mind boggling, but I feel like we arent ready for a flying vehicle. Sometimes I feel like we are just doing too much with technology. The thought of everyone driving flying cars is ridiculous to me. When I have kids, I hope I will be teaching them how to drive and not fly in a car. It would be very expensive and dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very interesting post and it would not surprise me at all to have a flying vehicle in the near future at the rate technology is moving. I believe that eventually the common person will be utilizing a flying vehicle to transport from place to place. I agree that there must be rules applied pertaiing to safe patrol in order to keep drivers safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Informative article and interesting. This is not hard for me to believe at all we already see that cars can drive them selves so hey nothing surprises me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very interesting to the advancement of technology. I agree with Mr. White that it would be very dangerous and expensive but i do not see anyone being able to afford these crafts and the upkeep of them until there has been many more models and prototypes created. Another thing that crossed my mind is will everyone who operates this vehicle be required to have a pilot license? I dont know if the world is ready for that because then everyone will be able to travel across the country and world at will without passports. Some type of international flight patrol would have to be created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post discusses a topic that has been pondered almost since the invention of the automobile. The concept of flight-equipped personal mobile transportation devices is one that has been seen for decades from sci-fi movies to popular cartoons such as the Jetsons. The issue with allowing flight privileges to the average individual is saftey. With land-bound automobiles, people already drive under the influence of drugs, alcohol and other distractions. Imagine the increased danger level with flying cars. I do hope that the model of mobile machines reaches a paradigm shift, but am unsure if this is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This concept is something that is slowly becoming a part of reality and it's been a long time coming. We've all seen tv shows and movies that featured flying cars and wondered why we weren't able to have access to such technology at the moment. The thing is, this technology has existed for a long time, the problem is how the public would be able to handle such machinery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't believe in this concept or anything too futuristic because I don't believe we're ready for it. Nor do I believe we can afford this type of technology. I believe if we had flying cars we would need intensive training programs. Moving forward I don't see this as something that could ever potentially happen and I think we should leave this in the movies.

    ReplyDelete