Classes are over















NEXT CLASS

Semester Over
It was Fun and I hope
you learned something
in this class. Review this blog in 2033
and see if we were right.


Friday, April 19, 2013

When Will Apple Live Up to the Hype?

BY: Quinton Cole



About a year ago, there was a video put on YouTube about the features to the Iphone 5. In this video, these features included projecting screens, keyboard, a lighter version of the phone, and much more that had everyone in aw for the upcoming phone. However, when Apple made the announcement about the phone, the new features were nothing like the video that was put out. I believe because of that video there was a higher expectation for the features of the Iphone 5. Now do not get me wrong, I love my Iphone 5, but I would love it more if it could do the things shown in the video below.




I think that one day Apple will develop the technology that will surpass what the video has shown. Do I think that the next Iphone will do this? I doubt it but it will be interesting to see when this will happen. I say in the next 5 years we will see a phone that is capable of doing what you just saw.  

7 comments:

  1. Very insightful post by Mr. Cole. I was wondering if the projector idea from Apple was ever going to come to reality. It would be a very futuristic touch if that specific detail is implemented according to the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Quentin. I think that Apple's sound hunger for innovation is dying and they aren't looking to make any market-disrupting products. Apple isn't living up to the hype currently in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly enough, I think Apple has already developed the technology. I just think they need to have SOMETHING for people to look forward to. Look at the Google glasses, the technology is ridiculous! They're probably going to give us bits and pieces of new technology until they really feel that the world is ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ryan Apple isn't living up to the hype. I am an owner of an IPhone 5 and I was expecting it to be this Hi-tech phone with up-scale screens and a keyboard sized by using holographic images. I was a little upset because the iPhone 5 does not even look close to what was displayed in the video. Although, it was only a concept I still had high expectations. The iPhone 5 is almost the same as 4s and that is why people are switching to the galaxy and notes. Hopefully, Apple can knock my socks off with the iPhone 5s or 6.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post was very eyeopening Quinton great post. The video was interesting but I don't see Apple really doing that for a dew years. Apple has not been the same after Steve Jobs departure from the company. Jobs ideas were innovative and new, his mind is truly missed. I hope to see some of these features in the next installment of the iPhone, whether it be the 5s or the 6.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to agree that Apple is not living up to the hype but I don't necessarily place all of the blame on the company. Apple is a very innovative company and we know and respect them for innovations in technology, specifically the iPod, iPad and iPhone. How ever the reason they aren't living up to the hype may not be because their innovation is dying but rather possibly because our expectations of them are so high and maybe even exaggerated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first saw the Youtube video above, I recall thinking that projection feature was a little far fetched. While I didn't believe the video was real, it was a nice thought that the iPhone just may have surpassed what consumers believed was possible. I do currently believe that the iPhone is living up to their hype in terms of being one of the best phones and software systems, however the iPhone 5 was slightly a let down in that I feel it was the same as the iPhone 4S with just a larger screen.

    ReplyDelete