Classes are over















NEXT CLASS

Semester Over
It was Fun and I hope
you learned something
in this class. Review this blog in 2033
and see if we were right.


Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Is an IPhone 5 really better than an Android?


By Sapphire Thomas

Recently, this question has been up for debate amongst several people around the world. While the IPhone 5 may be known for its Faster, lighter, and thinner look, the new breed of Androids is rumored to be challenging the features the IPhone 5 demonstrates. The IPhone 5 is able to support LTE wireless networks, has a faster A6 processor, a redesigned body with lighter materials and a taller 4-inch screen. There is also the new camera and iOS 6.1.3, which is Apple’s newest software update. However, some people seem to think that the Androids devices appear to be exceeding the iPhone 5 in every way and that Apple is a late because Android has provided all these features and more for some time now.

When it comes to the question, “Is an IPhone 5 really better than an Android?,” It’s obvious that everyone has their own opinion. However, Android devices may soon be taking over the market because of these Top 5 reasons.
  1. There are multiple hardware choices and - Not everyone wants the same phone. It is great that the Android software runs on multiple devices and people can have the choice to choose the device, screen size, processor speed and price they are willing to pay.
  2. Better integration with Google services- Of course the Android software integrates well with Google. It has a Google-based operating system and all people need to do is log into their Google accounts and everything syncs automatically. ( Which I think is better than ICloud)
  3. The Widgets and Maps are better- The widgets display more information than the IPhone 5. People don’t even have to click an app with the Android; all they have to do is access their home screen and graphics are displayed giving the person the information they need. The same with Google maps, which are better. Ever since Apple turned its back on Google, the maps are terrible. Personally, I hate using the Apple maps.
  4. The whole App process- Whether you are creating an app or looking for a place to buy Android apps; Android has an open attitude. There are fewer restrictions when creating new apps. However, the individual must agree to their policies to publish an app. Most people can often publish an app within hours whereas with Apple it can take weeks because they have to review and approve it. Also, when purchasing apps you can go to several Android- based app stores in order to run an app you desire.

You can also check this video out for more reasons why an Android is better than an IPhone 5.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a loyal apple device user, I have the IPhone 5 and before that I had the IPhone 4, as well as other Apple devices. Over winter break my family and I upgraded our mobile phone plan and we all had the chance to choose the phone we wanted. So now my mother and father have the Samsung Galaxy S3. When they first picked those phones I was like NOOOO get an IPhone, it is better than an Android, but after setting their phones up and playing with the different tools, I was considering changing phones.

 I think I like the Android because the screen is bigger, the resolution is better, and I can place widgets on the screen. I also love their Google maps because it easier to find the location and it is simple to use. The only reason I have not switched to a phone that uses the Android system is because of the fact that once you go iPhone you can never go back. I think that IPhones scream your economic status and are seen as a sign as wealth. The only reason I do not want an Android is because everyone has them and although that may be the case for IPhones. I love my phone right now and I don’t think I will give it up anytime soon.
I would like to know your thoughts and opinions!


7 comments:

  1. I use to really like the i phone but since I have t-mobile i never had the chance to own one. so I have a galaxy s2 and its pretty straight even though I know there are a 3 & 4 out now. But i guess i wanna see whats up with the i phone 6 and if it comes to t-mobile. but at the end of the day as long as i have a damn phone i can call and text i will be fine. but very informative the information & video you provided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to the comparison of the iphone and the android. For myself I have had experiences with androids and iphones and before I decided to go with the iphone I was all for the android and that was my first choice. However, what made me lean towards the iphone and finally give it a chance is that I continuously had problems with my android. At first, I thought maybe it was the phone I had but after about three different types of driods I just could not take it anymore. Yes, having Google on their side is great and contacts can be automatically updated with a new android but not everyone wants to have to make a new mail account for a phone. In addition, I consistently had problems with phone storage and I never downloaded any extra apps but I just kept having problems and I switched to the iphone and have had very few problems in comparison to the android so Im happy with my new choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Just do not believe there is many difference between the two phones but the platforms. A high end Android phone and iPhone pretty much does the same thing. One downfall of Apple is restrictions and one downfall of android would be the many different versions of Android. I have recently purchased a iPhone and have been happy with the apple ecosystem but I still have love for my Android such as the live wallpaper, the customization, the bigger screen, and etc. However I apple does some pretty amazing things too. I wish that google and apple can come together and make a goopple phone for the consumer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple does a very good job of creating devices that one can personalize and apply their own style to it. Although the Android and iPhone are pretty much similar when it comes to software, Apple devices have transformed the name of communication by being more innovative in their approach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Darrell's comment able apple product users being able to personalize based off of their lifestyle more so than Android users. However I do appreciate the variation in Android products though with apple there ever seems to be any variation in the products, take the iphone for example it took Apple years to come out with another color and when they did it was simply white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After using both operating systems, I must say that while the Android software allows you to do more on your phone, I liked my iPhone experience more because of its integration with my other apple products. As long as Apple continues to push out high end laptops that can be paired with mobile phones, I believe that the Iphone will continue to hold a large portion of the market.

    ReplyDelete
  7. iphone 4s phone charger I like the Android because the screen is bigger, the resolution is better, and I can place widgets on the screen.

    ReplyDelete