Classes are over















NEXT CLASS

Semester Over
It was Fun and I hope
you learned something
in this class. Review this blog in 2033
and see if we were right.


Friday, March 22, 2013

The Benefits of an Mobile App

BY: London Keyes

Applications also known as apps gives the average smart phone user easier access to specific interest catered to their personal needs, allows for more productivity, and for some who are always on the go; one touch actions are the most efficient way to get everything done in a effective manner.



Mobile application allows users to have exactly what they need at their finger tips. In the world of apps there is one for any and everything you could possibly imagine an app for.



My personal favorite app is the weather app, I use that app every day, I really like it when I am about to go out of town and I need to find the weather of that city. Smart apps make it easy to do important actions while on the go. One can purchase a plane ticket while on the way to the airport, or have access to their bank account without having to be near a computer. I do not also have my laptop with me so I do like having the ability to purchase things from my app and it is safe as well. It is really easy for companies to maintain also they can build good relationship with their customers.



Another one of my personal favorite app is the ESPN app, I love the fact that I can check the scores of my favorite teams and I also can watch the highlights right from my smart phone. I also like the fact that I can read the top stories that are current and noncurrent. I also like the fact that the ESPN app sends me notifications about when the game is on and also the scores when my favorite teams are playing.



icloud and drop box are tools that makes it easy to access documents that can be shared from one device to another. My having these apps on your smart phone you turn your phone into a computer. 



11 comments:

  1. Great post. Smart apps are an essential component of our future in technology. With every new app on the market, convenience is one step closer to its user because of its excess and access to specific information. With the assistance of smart apps, one could change from novice to an "expert" in an instance in certain fields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think smart apps are amazing. It allows convenience to do everyday things at the touch of your finger. Never again do you have search for sport updates, wonder about your bank account balance, and etc. This just goes to show you how amazing and beneficial technology can be. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a pretty good article on mobile apps. I think the smart phone would have not be s successful if it wasn't for the creation of apps. Apps are becoming a necessary tool of everyday life and commerce. I use apps everyday to see whats is going on in the world, help on homework, banking, scheduling, and many other things. The article gave me a good insight on mobile apps and the future and usefulness of mobile apps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post, London. I must agree with you that the Weather Channel app is a great app to have and it's amazing how accurate and handy it can be! Also, I find it interesting how apps use the GPS in your telephone to cater specifically to you and your location.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is very informative on how technology has improved even through apps. It makes it very convenient to find out important information by simply downloading an app. It is crazy how you can find out basically anything through downloading certain apps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mobile apps are essential to my life! It is amazing to remember a time where cell phones did not have these wonderful devices. The children of this generation are growing up lucky to have access to such advance technology. But I am sure people said the same thing about us and computers.

    I recently purchased an iPhone 5. So many people tried to convince me to purchase a Galaxy S3. Eventually, their argument started to weigh on me and I really compared the phones. The one thing that sent me over the edge for my iPhone was the app support. Yes, both carriers have app markets, but Apple's market is far better supported. Mobile apps actually played a large pArt in my big purchasing decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moblie apps are legit. Anything the iphone is lacking in can be download/purchased. Mobile access to apps makes or break a phone company. I feel like that's one of the major reasons why Blackberry is not doing well in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mobile Apps are great tools for when having a smartphone. I appreciated how the blog post discussed how apps are used by us daily whether it's consciously or unconsciously. A great example is Twitter, when a person discover news daily through tweets. The example in the blog post of the Weather app is another great of example of how important apps are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post London, I feel that these mobile apps are very beneficial to me. Whenever you don't have to turn on the Television, just to see how the weather will be, that's always a blessing. Or even something as simple as being able to check your banking accounts through these apps are always helpful. I feel that all these things are just examples and proof of Professor Sistrunk always stating everything is moving to the cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mobile apps do provide a number of uses to both consumers as well as corporate entities looking to make a profit. Free apps in particular are filled with various forms of advertisements which are designed to cater to the needs and wants of the consumer. For example, a consumer may purchase an app finding local restaurants. When using this app, the user may receive advertisements for local discounts and coupons for these restaurants. This will increase the number of customers that these restaurants serve. It is clear that specifically tailored advertising can be used for the benefit of businesses and consumers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mobile apps are life savers! Sometimes I look at my Galaxy S3 and wonder what did we use to do without mobile apps. I look at my screen and click on a little app widget and I'm able to check my bank account in less than 10 seconds. Also apps are increasing so much that we can use a navigation app to get from Atlanta all the way to Miami. There are even apps in the world that will lock your phone for you if you lose it and turn on a GPS signal for you to retrieve your phone. I'm just happy to be alive and can't wait to see what else is brought to our eyes in the future.

    ReplyDelete